Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in the cycle sports industry?
Madison Clothing are looking for an apparel designer to join their team in Milton Keynes.
Who are we?
We established in 1977 as a small bike shop in NW London…we are now one of the world’s leading distributors of cycle and action sports equipment. We represent category leading products and brands right across our portfolio.
Who are we looking for?
To fulfil this exciting role you will possess excellent knowledge of Adobe CS/Illustrator, and a knowledge of technical garment construction, which you will have gained within a similar role, ideally within the outdoor or sportswear industries. We would like to meet like-minded candidates, with an interest in cycling, and experience of related technical apparel. You must be able to work in a busy office environment, as part of a small team with a hands-on approach.
About the Role
Reporting to the Brand Director, you will follow a set design brief, creating exciting new product for the Madison Clothing brand, working on men’s, women’s and children’s technical apparel and accessories, covering MTB, Road and Commute categories.
Description of role and key tasks
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends and general trends relating to fabrics and technologies;
- Working closely with others involved in the design team, such as design manager, garment tech, brand manager and stock controller/buyer;
- Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. pattern, fit and technical specifications for designs;
- Creating & visualising an idea and producing a design using Adobe Illustrator (CAD) to meet a set brief;
- Produce garment tech packs to a high standard of detail and accuracy to ensure development samples are finished to desired specifications;
- Sourcing and selecting fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments from our suppliers;
- Liaising with suppliers regarding sample development;
- Developing products alongside garment tech, from CAD through to SMS;
- Have knowledge of measurement spec’s, grading, and how to accurately measure garments to improve fit and function.
- Regularly assist in the updating of tech packs in-line with improvements and alterations to samples.
- Attend design team, sales and supplier meetings, and trade shows when required
Qualifications and/or relevant experience
- BA (Hons) Degree in relevant design-led fashion course; or, recognised design course (eg. 2yr Foundation Degree) with strong portfolio of work to support.
- Minimum 2yrs experience in industry.
What’s in it for You?
- Generous staff discount scheme
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Life cover
Important: Please read before applying
You must be able to travel domestically, internationally and work outside of regular office hours when it is required.
To apply Please forward cvs and covering letter stating salary expectation to email@example.com
Please note due to the high volume of response we usually receive for our vacancies we will only contact you if you are selected for interview.
CLOSING DATE: January 31st 2019